Thursday, August 12, 2010

A thrift find & my second 8 Question Tag

Evgueni found a new shaving/makeup mirror from Goodwill for $5! He lives closeby to a Goodwill so he goes in to randomly check things out for fun :)

And the backlit lighting works! The mirror didn't come with the electrical cord, but there is a place to put in three AA batteries. And there's also an on/off switch



I mentioned this earlier in my blog, but I think all bathroom mirrors should have this kind of backlit lighting (I took that picture from a room in the Westin Harbour Castle).
OMG - the lighting makes reflections look very very flattering
Another 8 Question Tag


A fun favourite new blogger Miss Tootie's World tagged me in a second 8 Question Tag :) Thanks so much Hun! Some of your questions are too funnyLOL






1. What do you wear to sleep?

Nothing. I only wear pj's if I'm sleeping over at my parent's place or at a rare sleepover with friends





2. Are you Naughty or Nice? Why?

Of course nice! I look innocent - don't I? Don't I?!





3. When you have kids will you hit them?

I was spanked quite a few times growing up
I think a question of spanking your kids is very debatable in our society. My close friends say they got spanked growing up too and we're all well manered/disciplined. But I have been with children that only got grounded and they seem disciplined too. I think the key is to make sure your kids know you are a parent and that you mean what you say. And spanking can be substituted by taking away something they like a lot, like a toy or game. It's like training a dog. If you tell your dog "sit" and they don't sit and you walk away ignoring it, what makes people think the dog will sit when they say "sit" next time? Make sure they sit and don't give a treat until they sit.



4. What is your favourite youtube video?

I don't think I have a favourite video but the first makeup tutorials I followed were Lauren Luke's videos. I followed her from almost the very start and I'm so proud to see where she is now with her success :) She's very talented. And one of my favourite smokey eye tutorials is by pixiwoo here.



5. Do you have any pets?

Yes! My precious bundle of joy, Bobo :)









6. Would you rather drink a whole glass of pee or a shot or diarrhea?

Oh gosh! I think the pee :\ Ewwww





7. If you could go anywhere in the world tomorrow what destination would you choose?

I would go to Moscow with my Russian man but Moscow is having really bad smoke from the peat-bogs on fire around it now :(

So I choose Thailand with my girlfriend Jasmin who is from there :)

If I had to go alone somewhere, I would say an Alaskan cruise!





8. Could you risk your life for a stranger?

I think yes, and a lot of us could without thinking about it. If you see someone in need of help, out of instinct I think it's natural to want to help without thinking about the consequences or danger at times.






Blogger Problem...
As an aside, I've been having two problems with blogger lately
(1) My "search this blog" gadget does not load/function in the past couple of days :(
I have uninstalled and re-installed the gadget 2-3 times now....but it has not helped
(2) If you click on my title/header, it does not bring you back to my main blog like it should. This problem also started a couple of days ago.

Do you happen to know what I did wrong with the two problems above? Thanks so much in advance!
***Update: a really really kind blogger professional DarkUFO helped me with problem #2 via this link and already noted that problem #1 is being worked on already :) Awww, super thanks to DarkUFO!!



Have you ever wandered into a thrift store?

No comments:

Post a Comment