Sunday, August 22, 2010

MAC Morning After Nail Polish + Blue & White porcelain inspired konad manicure



When MAC's Alice + Olivia collection came out I picked up their Morning After Nail polish.

This post is way over delayed since the links don't even work properly LOL






The nail polish is not much to look at alone (two coats with Poshe top coat to finish)







BUT, it works really well as a Konad stamping colour.










My manicure makes me think of blue and white porcelain. So that's what I'm calling it.









This is everything I used to get this manicure:





(left to right): Konad double sided stamper/scraper, OPI Nail Envy (base coat), Sally Hansen Nearly Nude Natural White nail polish (two coats), MAC Morning After nail polish (konad stamping colour), Poshe top coat , Konad plate M71



This is my second Konad manicure....and like many others hesitating to jump on the Konad craze I say go for it! Here is my mini review of Konad: I heard about Konad maybe a year ago? But I didn't order my first Konad plate until a couple of weeks ago because I thought, "gosh it takes me foreverrrr to do my base coat regular manicure. I'm not spending a few more hours jazzing it up. Plus, that stamping thing looks complicated and too much work."

But I have to say, I don't find the Konad stamping set to be much more work for what you get out of it. I think I mentioned previously that learning how to put on false lashes was waaaay more troublesome and I gave up several times in the beginning. At one point, I didn't try false lashes for over two years later after my first few failed attempts. But as soon as I did my first konad manicure, I was looking forward to my next! LOL. My konad stamping needs improvement but for the most part, I think I got the hang of it already - and I learned very quickly! The konad stamping only takes me like 2-3 minutes per nail at most - and that includes cleaning the plate/stamper with nail polish and adding a top coat after stamping the nail. And I'm a beginner.

Anyways, I actually really like this manicure.


One dude paid me a compliment on my nails at the nightclub this weekend :)

Funny I can recall things like that after several drinks.



Don't you just love it when someone notices your manicure? :)
And for me strangely, a guy complimenting on my manicure (even if it's fake nails) brings out a different reaction than a guy complimenting my fake eye lashes for example. Yeah! I had a few guys (strangers) point out they like my lashes and some even said, "your lashes aren't real are they?" It's one thing if a lady says that to me, but when a guy has said that to me, I'm thinking "OMG this guy knows a bit too much about makeup! LOL Either he's got a gf/ex-gf/sister that wears makeup or something...." What do you think? Would you be flattered if a guy noticed you were wearing false lashes? And if you're a guy, would you/have you pointed out to a random lady that she's wearing false lashes?

1 comment:

  1. Посетите мой сайт и закажите оборудование для салонов красоты. Здесь можно дешево купить Электрические массажные столы, ультразвуковая мойка, оконные роллеты, Lampa lupa 8 dioptrii cena

    ReplyDelete