Friday, September 3, 2010

Review: Review: Got2b fat-tastic instant collagen root-boosting spray


I have serious issues with lack of volume in my hair. My hair is just flat. It's like a helmet - and I don't usually bother to style my hair at all.
But my younger sister who is big on voluminous hair inspired me a few weeks ago to put a little bit of effort into styling my hair. One of the products she recommended was



How to use the product


See the helpful instructions on the back? (okay, I'm being sarcastic)

Trust me, you don't just spray this in your hair and voila - big hair.

The way I used it (and I believe the only way it will work for anyone) is to spray it into your roots on dry hair. Make sure to spray the roots of even the middle and lower layers of your hair. I'm not sure why the instructions stop here because if you just leave your hair like this, you'll look like a wet dog and your hair will be flatter than before. Air drying doesn't help either. You need to blow dry your hair at this point - I blow dry with my head upside down on medium heat and I blow dry until the product/my hair is dry. It only takes about 2-3 minutes max because the product dries quickly with heat.

Tip

For products that use a nozzle spray format, keep the plastic cap thing


I'm holding the plastic cap thingie that I'm referring to


That way when you travel with this product, the nozzle will stay put and product won't spray out


BEFORE Hair voluminizer....




(above): bathroom lighting






(above): natural lighting



AFTER Hair voluminizer...


(above) bathroom lighting




(above): natural lighting
Verdict
I'm not sure if the pictures really indicate how well this product works for my hair - but it works well.
Unfortunately like every other product/method I have used to create volume in my hair, the volume deflates quickly over the course of a few hours. Maybe because my hair is too long/heavy? That is my only complaint - which is not directed at this product. I have tried more expensive hair products and the volume deflates just as quickly for me.
This product is more effective than baby powder or my dry shampoo to create volume.
If you're looking for an affordable hair voluminizer and you're willing to invest 2-3 minutes to blow dry your hair after, then I highly recommend this product :)
Do you take time/effort to style your hair when you go out?
Have you tried any really good hair voluminizing products?
And, have a lovely long weekend if it's Labour Day weekend where you are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment