Friday, October 29, 2010

High Heel Help



Haha - this post makes me laugh but also happy that someone confided in me for high heel advice ;)

I got sent an email from a lovely Carmen asking for advice....and I thought I would share her question and my answer with you in case it can help anyone else.


Hi Karen!!
I googled a phrase looking for nonslip inserts for high heels and stumbled across your blog. I was so excited to find it but I’m not always savvy about leaving comments and trying to find the responses later. I hope you don’t mind that I email you.
I do plan to keep your page tagged and see what all you post!!!
I live in Arizona and my problem is, that when I wear leather shoes or closed toed high heels that my feet sweet and then slide down making the shoe uncomfortable and hard to walk in. Is there any type of insert for that?!?! I have several pairs of shoes I could keep and continue to wear if there was.
I thought about using those non-slip sole grips, and putting them inside but they might be too rough.
Do those cushions help for that too?
Any ideas or advice would be wonderful!
Thanks doll!!
Carmen



My response

Hi Carmen!

Absolutely - you can ask me for advice anytime ;) I just apologize in my delayed response as I have been away for some time.

I understand what you mean when you describe your problem.

First off, are you moisturizing your feet with any creams/lotions prior to wearing your closed toe heels? I would suggest making sure that you do not moisturize your feet prior to wearing those type of heels because it would create more moisture and add onto the problem.

No, I would not suggest putting the non-slip sole grips into the shoe. Those are solely meant to be stuck to the bottom of your high heels (if the sole of the shoe is slippery/slick) so that they grip better to the pavement. For reference here is a picture of the non-slip sole grips I'm talking about:





If you feel that your heels are a half size too big and that's contributing to the problem, I would suggest trying these type of inserts for the inside of your shoes. I think these should help absorb a bit of moisture/sweat as well and would provide a better non-slippery surface than the material inside of your high heels. Plus, you can always replace these inserts if they start to get old or smell from sweat. 





If your feet are still sliding around after inserting these insoles, then I think your heels might be a bit too large in which case, you can try using these foam heel cushions pictured below. They really help my heel from not slipping out of my high heels - particularly pumps. And combining these cushions with the inserts, your foot should fit properly into your shoe if your shoe is within one size too large. 

Make sure though, that your shoe is not too tight either - because then it'll cause your feet to swell and it'll create another problem :S 





If you that find your feet are still sweaty and the problem persists, then perhaps you might have to consider a different type of shoe. Maybe sandals or peep-toes to help circulate some air through your shoe? Or, if you're wearing them to work and you have a no open toe shoe policy, maybe you have to resort to pumps with ankle straps? 
Some people may suggest an oil absorbing powder to use on your feet (like Gold Bond Foot Powder) but personally I have not tried that so I can't say if it works or not. But the website link says the powder absorbs moisture ;) 


I hope this post helps you Hun. Let me know how it goes if you give any of my suggestions a try ;) 


Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment