Saturday, November 27, 2010

Batu Caves in Malaysia

Other than clubbing with my cool cousin Sue Ann, I did a couple of other fun things in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. 

One of them was visiting the Batu Caves on October 14th 2010


The front...see the stairs up ahead with the tiny people on it?

The statue in front of the caves is of Lord Muruga. It's 42.7 metres high. 

That's me!!! It was very hot by the way....gosh, I'm sweating just thinking about the humidity there

This would be okay if it weren't so darn hot outside LOL





These are macaque monkeys which are common at the caves. They can be vicious though!




Me at the entrance after climbing that flight of stairs :) 

Do you see how there's another opening up ahead if you walk inside? 


Yes, another flight of stairs to the other opening


It's gorgeous don't you think?







Can you imagine - some of this limestone is around 400 million years old.
I can't even grasp the concept of that amount of time!



The decent down is always more difficult than climbing up for me. 


I was really happy to check out the Batu Caves.

I know for people living in Kuala Lumpur, the caves is no big deal - kinda like Niagara Falls or CN Tower for Torontonians like myself. My aunt who lives in KL didn't think much of the caves. She even tried to talk me out of it a bit by warning that it's smelly in the caves LOL - from the bat droppings. But you know what? I went to Batu Caves after my Shanghai trip....and oh man, if you can brave the public washrooms in Shanghai, you can do anything. The caves smelt like Febreze compared to some parts of China. No f*ing joke.

There is a dark cave tour that you can pay separately for btw, however that part of the cave was shut closed when I went or else I would have done it!
Is Batu Caves a place you'd like to visit? 
Have you been here or to a similar place?


No comments:

Post a Comment