Monday, November 29, 2010

Jungle ATV trekking in Malaysia



You know those in-flight magazines that most of us (ah hem, moi) ignore? 

Well, on my 15+ hour flight from Toronto to Hong Kong I took a look at the magazine and found something called ATV Adventure Park.

The company offers tours through a bamboo jungle and you ride ATVs on the tour! 
Plus, it's only about a 40 minute drive from Kuala Lumpur where I was staying. 
The jungle is near the zoo, in an area called Hulu Kelang

So one of my cousins wanted to take me shopping....and I said "No! I wanna ATV through a jungle" and so she came with me :) 



My cousin and I had a private tour since nobody else booked that day (it was a weekday in October).
This was our guide Halem

That's me! Standing beside the ATV my cousin took....I ended up with a blue ATV

Oh and that was my permanent hairstyle in Asia hehe Whaaaat? It was so hot outside! 

There's my cousin May on her ATV.

The fallen branches and such on the pathway make it more fun!






Left to right: myself & my cousin May

See how tall the bamboo in perspective when May is standing there? 

Do you see that cool tree trunk on the left with like leaves growing up the bark in a cool pattern?

Our tour stopped a small waterfall.
The waterfall had several steps - 7 steps in total so you only see 1 step here.



So I took an unexpected visitor back to the car....I saw blood on my sock and I knew it was a leech because if I had cut myself, I would have felt it. Know what? The leech had fallen off in my cousin's car after feeding on me.

BUT that leech didn't stop me even though (1) I am terrified of insects (2) I'm a big city girl and my parents and relatives thought I wouldn't be able to handle it in the jungle LOL


So...a few days later, I convinced my cool cousin Sue Ann and a whole group of her friends to come out again with me :) It was awesome!!! When I go back to KL, I'm taking the longer trek that's 3-4 hours long. You can view the package tours here.
I did Package B to start, which I would advise if you're a beginner.




Halem was my guide again! My cousin Sue Ann is third from left


Asri & Sue Ann
So I absolutely recommend the ATV jungle trek if you're a slight bit adventurous and you're in Kuala Lumpur. I'll for sure be going again on my next trip ;)


Have you been on an ATV before?
Have you been in a jungle before?

No comments:

Post a Comment