Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Deerhurst: Snow Tubing, Hayride and Carriage Ride



Another "first time" activity I did with Dale a week and a half ago in Huntsville was snow tubing

There is snow tubing at Deerhurst Resort where we stayed in Huntsville, but the area for tubing is not big and you have to walk back up the hill (there is no lift) 

Luckily, about a 10 minute drive away from the resort is a snow tubing park called Rock Ridge and it has a few runs as well as a convenient lift
So that's where Dale and I went two Friday night's ago


Snow tubing lift and runs at RockRidge Park





The really fun part about tubing at Rock Ridge is that you can link your tube with someone elses and have group runs down a hill (we saw like ten people connected at one point going down the hill!).
Plus there's staff at the top of the hills to help you connect your tubes, give you a push and/or spin you if you like ;) 
I really enjoyed snow tubing and it's certainly something I would do again!
I also highly recommend Rock Ridge


****************

Another "first" activity for me was going on a hayride


I LOVE grey coloured horses!







Dale noticed that we were actually on a sleigh!


*****************


Now, it wasn't my first time in a horse drawn carriage but I think it was the first time for me at night





It was just Dale and I in the carriage and it was very nice
We huddled under the blankets and looked at some of the stars - he pointed out the big dipper which was very visible up around the resort...it was just so peaceful and lovely




I am really grateful and fortunate that Dale took me on this trip up North
He's always looked after everything and taken really good care of me
What can I say? I have all these wonderful memories to thank him for ;)


Have you been snow tubing, on a hayride or been on a horse drawn carriage before?


Do you notice my new hair colour?! 

No comments:

Post a Comment