Monday, August 10, 2009

Urban Decay Eye Shadows

I got a couple of Urban Decay eye shadows today :) These are already two UD eye shadows I have at the moment and I'm actually hitting pan on them both...but since I like them so much, I decided to pick up an extra one of each today: the first one is Last Call and the second one is the deluxe shadow called Zero.

Last Call:

If I use just one colour on my lid when I'm in a rush, I'll most often reach for Last Call than for any other colour I have. It just makes my dark brown eyes pop. It's a really gorgeous plum shade with some sort of metallic sheen to it.

Zero:


The deluxe shadow is cute since inside the compact there is a small mirror. It's more cute than functional for me since I always need a humongous mirror to apply my makeup.

I'd have to say Urban Decay does the best eye shadows in my opinion. The texture, quality and intensity of the eye shadows are way better than my MAC ones (or any other brand for that matter and I've tried so many brands of eye shadows...and as silly as it sounds I do have a lot of MAC shadows actually). Of course, UD does cost more than MAC. But you know, even though I use eye shadow pretty much everyday, they all last a long time so a few dollars more doesn't really make a difference in that case. What's your favourite brand of eye shadow?

Here are the swatches: Zero is on the left and Last Call is on the right



I'm really surprised how many people rave about MAC's carbon eye shadow as being the most intense black shadow around. I'd have to disagree. I was actually quite disappointed with my MAC carbon when I used it to line my eyes on top of a regular kohl liner: it's not nearly as intense as UD's Zero. And yes, my eye liner always stays put the whole day long when I use UD's Zero on top of any regular kohl liner (at the moment I'm loving my MAC Pearlglide). Have any of you guys tried other UD eye shadow colours that you can't get enough of?

No comments:

Post a Comment