Monday, August 31, 2009

In search of a great hand cream.....

I am searching for a great hand cream. One where I can slather it on at bedtime and wake up with baby soft hands! Or even a really good daytime hand cream that's not greasy yet provides a lot of moisture. I still haven't hit gold for either of those two criteria so my search continues and maybe someone (maybe you!) could make a suggestion for me!

In the meantime I thought I would let you know what I'm using now. At my bedside table I have two hand creams at the moment. The first one is L'Occitane's Nourishing Hand Cream in Honey & Shea.



It smells soooooooo yummy - it smells like you've slathered on pure honey. And it's not that synthetic smell at all. So anyways, I've already bought into it purely because of how it smells. I think this handcream is pretty good - it's also a tad bit pricey for hand cream so I'm not sure if I'll repurchase it because after using this I don't wake up with those really soft hands that I'm aiming for (maybe my aim is unrealistic?). I don't have severly dry skin on my hands to begin with but sometimes I do get a slight bit of eczema on a couple of my fingers if I've been cleaning my place a bit too much that day and didn't wear cleaning gloves all the time. This cream doesn't fully get rid of the eczema overnight (I do have a prescription for it) so maybe it's not really that moisturizing? So I'm still on the fence about this handcream and I'm not really sure if I'd repurchase based on the price and results it gives me.
The other hand cream I have on my bedside table is Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve.
The scent is slightly medicinal with a bit of fresh mint scent to it...which is fine, but this cream doesn't seem to do much for me! Like L'Occitane, it is a bit pricey for hand cream too. One thing I do like about this cream is that it's not greasy at all - and it absorbs better than the L'Occitane one so you could use this as a day cream. I have no issue using slightly greasy hand creams at night before bedtime but in the daytime I want to avoid that. And what I mean by slightly greasy at night doesn't include Vaseline/Petroleum Jelly. I'm sure dunking my hands in a jar of Vaseline and putting mitts on at night would help my hands but I can't sleep with mitts on! Anyways, I will not be repurchasing the Kiehl's hand cream again.
And in my handbag I have Neutrogena's Norwegian Formula Fast Absorbing Hand Cream.



This is a pretty good daytime hand cream. It really is fast absorbing and not greasy at all like the original Norwegian Formula hand cream. The scent is synthetic and smells a bit florally (I can't describe scents so I'm sorry about that) - it's an alright scent which is quite light/medium in strength so it's not over bearing. I've already repurchased this hand cream a few times and it seems to be the one hand cream I'm stuck on for daytime use because it does moisturize and it's not greasy. I'm unsure if there's another brand out there that makes an excellent day time hand cream but I'm open to trying something new. Let me know if you have any suggestions on hand cream for me or how I can get my hands baby soft! LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment