Monday, August 31, 2009

Mini MAC Haul

I got a few eye shadows from MAC the other day and thought I would share what some of the swatches look like. I ended up getting (from left to right in the picture): Off the Page, Violet Trance, Stars 'N' Rockets and Glamour Check!





Off the Page is a really neat mango kind of colour. The colour pay off is quite good and I don't have any other colour quite like this at the moment so I think it was a good choice to pick up.



For some reason, Violet Trance looks more blue than purple in the picture on the left. Well, I guess the colour violet really is a blue based purple? I'm not sure! LOL. But it's a really pretty purple and purples/plums seem to look best on me.




And of course, sticking with purple-ly type colours, I got Stars 'N' Rockets. This is a really fun colour and sort of reminds me of my Urban Decay deluxe Fishnet eye shadow colour except Fishnet is probably more magenta and loud while Stars 'N' Rockets is more pinkish purple.



Last but not least is Glamour Check!. I love colours like this - a reddish kind of brown. And unlike the other Starflash finish eye shadow I have from MAC (which is Fashion), this one has great colour pay off. When I swatched MAC's Fashion eye shadow it turned out like a really nice teal kind of colour...but when I used a brush to apply it on my eye lid, I had to use so many layers and it just kept giving me a lot of fall out and didn't have the same colour pay off. So I'm happy with this Starflash finish eye shadow....


What are some of your favourite MAC eye shadows? Have you picked up anything at MAC lately?

:) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment