Friday, September 25, 2009

FOTD & A few purchases....

Today I went to go get my hair trimmed because my younger sister commented on how my long hair was pulling down my face...yes, that's how she put it. I'm sort of biased towards long hair on myself and she's biased towards shorter hair on herself so I kind of saw this comment coming. Anyhow, I was due for a trim so although I intended to only have 1" max taken off, 2-3" really came off. Don't you always find that 90% of hair stylists don't listen when you ask them to only take off a wee bit and even use your fingers to show the length that you want off?

Anyhow, today I opted for one of my favourite MAC eye shadows - MAC Star Violet. I love plum/purple eye shadows on me and this is definitely a favourite of mine. I even like the texture very much.



Terrible. I need to learn to crop pictures and edit them so I can get rid of that one armpit exposed look! LOL

And yesterday I met my girlfriend at the mall. For my eye shadow I ended up using a favourite green eye shadow of mine - MAC's Sumptuous Olive. On me it has quite a bit of gold undertones to it which is nice because although a lot of people say gold coloured eye shadow compliments brown coloured eyes, gold coloured eye shadow really doesn't look good on me.



I dressed pretty casual to the mall:



I only ended up picking out a couple of small things from Forever21. One was actually this dress that I saw online on their website:



It's actually pretty cute on.....and I love how it has a halter top.

And I picked up a couple of earrings. These turquoise coloured earrings were the last pair...I like jewels and I like turquoise/teal colour so I grabbed it as soon as I saw it!



And well, I like earrings similar to this style when I go out for dinner or clubbing so of course I picked these up too....



Don't you just LOVE Forever21???!!

The last thing I'll mention here might get you bored. I've been looking for a "greener" alternative to Mr. Clean or Lysol multi-surface cleaners. Mr. Clean and Lysol definitely get the job done but um, there's a lot of harsh chemicals you're inhaling when you use it (even though I turn the fan on if I'm in the washroom using it). So I went to Shoppers Drug Mart and picked up this multi-surface cleaner for my bathroom:




I believe the brand Method might be sold exclusively at Shoppers Drug Mart - I can't be sure on that one though. What caught my eye were a few things: French Lavender scent, non-toxic, and the cleaner is biodegradable.
Okay, I have no idea what french lavender is suppose to smell like but if it's suppose to smell like regular lavender then this product does NOT smell like french lavender. The cleaner smells distinctly of lemons.
I'm not sure if it's really gentle enough to use this cleaner without gloves on. Any bit of slight irritation on my hands can irritate and trigger the bit of eczema that I have on my hands so I didn't take a chance on that - I still used disposable latex gloves with this product. But the fact that it's probably gentle enough to use without gloves is a nice thought (and practical for most other people too).
And it actually does clean pretty well. So I'll be buying this cleaner again for sure! It seemed like the most "green" solution out of the other multi-surface cleaners they had in stock.

So, I hope you're having a lovely Friday! Let me know if you're doing anything exciting this weekend!
=) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment