Thursday, September 24, 2009

MAC Tone: Grey quad & Fuchsia Glitter

Ugh, so it seems like there's some sort of flu/cold going around. My best friend is sick right now and I think I have her to blame for my sore throat, coughing, and jaw/head aches. I had a fever and body aches late last night but luckily those have subsided during the day today.

On a brighter note, I picked up a couple of things from MAC this past weekend but just haven't gotten around to updating it =)


I picked up MAC's Fuchsia Glitter and MAC's Tone : Grey Quad.

Here's the fuchsia glitter up close:


It was too pretty to pass up! But notice that the chunks of fuchsia glitter are much larger than the glitter in MAC's Reflects Rust Glitter (which I picked up like two weeks ago and love). And, because the fuchsia glitter is chunkier like "real" glitter, it's a friggin b*tch to apply! I tried using visine with it but it ended up being chunky glitter in a really really bad way. I had to wipe it all off and re-do my makeup differently because I was trying to use the glitter last night when I went out to dinner with a couple of friends. And when I wiped the glitter off my eyes, some of it stuck to my face so yah, my face had a bit of unremovable glitter last night. Oh well.....

Anyhow, here's the MAC Tone: Grey Quad I picked up:

The colours are limited edition and I can never figure out how MAC names the eye shadows in their quads. I'm not sure if they're naming the colours from left to right or even top or bottom....so I'm guessing here: I believe the top two colours from left to right are called "A Warmer White" and "Tone: Grey". The bottom two colours from left to right are called "Waft" and "The Right Smoke". Anyways, those are the four colours in the quad but I'm just not sure which name belongs to which shadow =(

And here's the swatches from the glitter and the quad:


So this was the look I came up with yesterday for dinner (after wiping off the fuchsia glitter - which I will try my best to figure out how to apply it well).





For the shadow I ended up using mostly the blue ("Waft"?) colour on the bottom left of the quad. It really is such a lovely blue. Then I used the grey on the top left of the quad ("Tone:Grey"?) along the edges of the blue shadow to soften any harsh edges a bit. And then I used the lightest colour in the quad for my brow highlight as well as the inner corners of my eyes.


Have you picked up any makeup products lately or been eyeing anything?


=) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment