Sunday, September 27, 2009

How I age myself in 1 minute

I haven't quite cracked the secret of youth yet...LOL. But I know how to make myself age like 5-8 years in one minute.

It's called red lipstick.
And I'm sure if I threw on the right type of mature oldish-lady kind of clothes, I could pack on a couple of more years.

Anyhow, for some reason I had this sudden urge to pick up a few red coloured lipsticks yesterday...I've always wanted to achieve a classic red lips look and I guess with the colder weather and Fall approaching, it kinda all came together. So I went to MAC and got some stuff including reddish coloured lipsticks.



One of the lipsticks I bought was MAC Dubonnet:


It's an amplified creme finish and a "deepened claret" colour as described by MAC. Whatever that is, here's the swatch:


And because my girlfriend and I have cold still, we decided to stay in last night with another friend of ours and we ate a ton of authentic Thai food (my gf is Thai and she did all the cooking). After that we played cards and dominos where the losers of each game had to take a shot of beer. Yup, a shot of beer.
So I was willing to take a risk with my look last night since we weren't doing anything important. I slapped on some of that MAC Dubonnet. I lined my lips with MAC Cherry lip pencil before applying the lipstick and here's what it looked like:


And because I can't recall wearing red lipstick out in public, my gf of course noticed right away when she saw me. She was like, "OMG, you look so much older!" I kinda knew that already but it's nice to know I'm not the only one thinking that. After about fifteen minutes though she was like, "yah it looks good on you." Hmmm, so I guess when I want to age myself a bit but still look alright, I'll go with my MAC Dubonnet or one of the other MAC red lipsticks I picked up (I will do swatches and looks soon).
Do you have a red lipstick that suits you? Do you wear red lipstick out often?
Hope your weekend went well! =) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment