Monday, September 21, 2009

MAC Moisturelush cream & MAC Lightful Products

So I've finished my MAC Moisturelush cream.



I must say it's pretty good if you're looking for a really thick moisturizing night cream. It's definitely not something I would use in the daytime especially under foundation or something because it's really thick in consistency and a bit oily too. At times I actually used my MAC Fix+ spray in conjunction with the MAC moisturelush in order to make it thinner in consistency so I could spread it better. It might break you out a bit because when I first started using this I got quite a few zits on my face the first week. That's typical for me if I'm using a really thick moisturizing cream - but usually after a week of using a product like that, my face gets use to the cream and it stops breaking out. I figure a few zits for a week is the price I have to pay to moisturize my face really well at night....or maybe I've lost it?!!! Do you feel the same way about night creams too and put up with a bit of acne in the beginning?
Anyhow, instead of repurchasing the MAC moisturelush I decided to try out the MAC Lightful Deep Ultramoisture Cream.






I just started using it tonight and my first impression is that it's a LOT thinner in consistency than the MAC moisturelush. Like, I think you could honestly use this in the daytime under your foundation. It absorbs really well into the skin (and this is after using my MAC Lightful Active Softening Lotion on the bottom right of the picture as well as my MAC Lightful Charged Essence serum on the bottom left of the picture)



I decided to go with this three step system: after cleansing, using the MAC Lightful Active softening lotion, then the MAC Lightful Essence Serum and then my night cream on top of it. I know it sounds pretty heavy duty but I'm hoping to get a better complexion after all this work! LOL. Plus, the MAC Lightful product series are all made in Japan (well, these three products are). I figure skincare products from Japan must be good =) I know, I'm a bit biased. Oh, and I love the packaging of the lotions with the mirror like finish on the bottle/tub.
So anyways, the MAC Lightful Active Softening Lotion is really liquidy....sort of like water consistency. It's a bit annoying that you have to pour it out because it's easy to spill like that. I wish they made this product with a spray nozzle instead. But it has a really nice smell to it - sort of like a fragrance smell (I can't really describe it). And anything to make my skin soft makes me happy so I've settled with it the past week that I've been using it.
The MAC Lightful Essence Serum is a thin gel like consistency. It absorbs quickly into the skin just like the Active Softening Lotion. I read in a magazine not too long ago that we all should be using a serum for our skin BEFORE applying moisturizer because it's like vitamins for your skin. So, when I read that in a magazine a few weeks ago I decided I had to have a decent serum because heck, we all need vitamins and I feel like I've jumped on the band wagon a bit late now! Oh well, at least I've started! LOL. I don't know...I must be a bit out of touch but serums for my face are a new concept to me that I only picked up like three weeks ago when I read it in a magazine! Are you using a serum right now?
=) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment