Monday, September 21, 2009

Nail Polish mini haul + MAC Shirelle

How was your weekend?! Did you do anything fun or did you manage to find time and relax? The past week has been really busy for me with work, my sister closing a deal on a new condo (Yay! I'm so proud she's finally moving out of my parents house!!! LOL), my older sister's birthday on Saturday (Yay! Happy Birthday Carol!), went shopping (of course) and partied it up with a close friend of a friend who flew back home to Australia yesterday....

I thought I would do a quick post on this one nail polish I'm in love with (the colour at least). I think everyone has to have at least one really sexy red nail polish and I think I found one for me. It's MAC's Shirelle nail polish which is a cream finish (I prefer the cream finishes over the frost ones at MAC).

I'm not one to be crazy about nail polish. I use to have my nails done all the time and did that for 2-3 years straight. It really damaged my nails so I just gave up the habit and got all lazy with nails....It's only been lately that I've made some effort to polish my nails. In any case, I really like this shade of red and my boyfriend complimented me on my nail polish colour a couple of times which is like rarer than rare that he even notices I did my nails! LOL. Anyways, too bad my nail polish chipped big time the next day when I was using my hands to eat crab and lobster. Do you have a favourite shade of red nail polish?

And on Saturday I did some shopping. Among a number of things I picked up, I got several Sally Hansen nail polishes.
















From left to right in the pictures, from the Diamond Strength line I got Plum Royale, Twilight Teal and Emerald Green. You can tell the level of creativity with the names....And from the No Chip 10 Day line I got Night Blooms, Strong Blush and Boudior.
I'm curious to see how well the Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day Nail Colour lives up to its name - I'm lucky if the darn polish doesn't chip after the first 2-3 days. I'll let you know! I just know there's no way it'll last ten days on my nails even after using my Poshe topcoat every other day. By the way, I'm not actually sure what the hype is all about regarding Poshe's topcoat. I've been using Sally Hansen's Mega Shine for ages and I find that it works just the same as Poshe in terms of drying time, shine and preventing fading/chipping of nail polish....except Mega Shine is cheaper than the Poshe top coat. What top coat do you find the best?
=) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment