Monday, October 19, 2009

FOTD/OOTD & a few MAC purchases

I hope you had a great start to your week =)

Well, just like a lot of other bloggers I got my share of MAC Style Black. I picked up three mineralized eye shadows: Cinderfella, Young Punk and Blue Flame (from left to right below). I won't do any swatches since I've seen a whole bunch from other bloggers but if you'd like me to swatch any, please let me know.

And I picked up four MAC pigments: (left to right) Push the Edge, Kitschmas, Teal and Chocolate Brown. The swatches are in the picture below and are in the same order from left to right.



I love how Push the Edge seems to be a matte finish and not frosty like many other MAC pigments. It's a really pretty eggplant purple colour =)
Kitschmas is sort of chunky in texture. I like how there's glitter in it and that it's a light pink colour.

Teal and Chocolate Brown are both smooth in texture and slightly frosty in finish. I'm loving both of these too ;)
So I used a few of the new colours today for my FOTD. Here's the look:


A close up of the eye make up:
Products used:
Face
Make up Forever HD primer
MAC Studio Moisture Tint SPF15 in Medium Dark
MAC Mineralize Foundation SPF15 Loose in Medium
Cargo Blu Ray Blush/Highlight (no designated name for this one because there's only one blu ray blush for Cargo I guess)
Eyes
MAC Soft ocre paint pot all over lid
MAC Young Punk eye shadow all over the lid and slightly above the crease as well
MAC Push the Edge pigment only on the lid area
MAC Kitschmas pigment on the inner corners / tearduct
MAC Mylar eye shadow under the brow area for highlight
MAC Feline eye kohl an top and lower lash line as well as waterline
MAC prep + prime lash
L'oreal Voluminous Carbon black mascara
Lips
MAC Creme Cup lipstick
I had to pick up some lightbulbs from Canadian Tire earlier in the evening so this was my casual OOTD:



T-shirt from Stitches
Black pants from Garage
Jean Jacket from Winners
Scarf from the CNE
Bag from Michael Kors
Shoes from Lacoste
Hope your week is off to a great start! Let me know if you have anything exciting planned for this week! ;)
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment