Saturday, October 31, 2009

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween to all of you celebrating it - and if you're heading out, have a great time and stay safe ;)
I've finished my hair and makeup already. Gosh it took me forever to stick those fake eye lashes on! LOL.
I'm just about to head to my friend Jasmin's place shortly and we'll be having dinner and some drinks before heading to our favourite night club called Branthouse.

I didn't do anything crazy for Halloween makeup as you can see - just a typical look for me!
I've been meaning to mention how much I love my Hot Tools 2" professional curling iron which is what I used today to curl my hair:

The curling iron can heat up to a very very hot temperature as all professional curling irons do. So this would curl even the straightest hair and my hair is very straight naturally if I let it air dry.
But what I like about this curling iron is the handle of it - the on/off button is a switch and not a press-in button so you don't accidently press it off while using it (which is what happens with my Conair flat iron). Even the knob to adjust the temperature is more stiff and you turn the knob as oppose to my Vidal Sassoon curling iron where the temperature gage is a sliding switch and it slides very easily (so sometimes I have slided the temperature too low while using it and my hair wasn't curling!). Also the rubber like material on the handle grip gives me a good grip on the iron so it doesn't slip out of my hands...some of the Conair handles are plastic and can slip out of your hands much more easily. Even the barrel on this Hot Tools curling iron gives my hair more grip somehow - I don't know how to explain it. I really have no complaints about this curling iron and that's a first for me - plus, the price is reasonable especially if you get it off of ebay or another discount beauty store.
Do you use curling irons? Do you have a favourite brand/model for a curling iron?
Don't forget to turn your clocks back one hour tonight if you're in that time zone that does Daylight savings ;) Yay for one more hour of sleep!
I hope you're having a lovely weekend so far ;)

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment