Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Yay for a couple of more shoes and dresses ;)

I hope you had a lovely start to your week!

My weekend was pretty laid back. As usual I spent time with my best girl friend - her name is Jasmin. The two of us hung out on Saturday with another friend named Gordon along with Gordon's 7 year old daughter Emily.
Since Emily is young, one of the places we went to was a toy store called Mastermind. Jasmin is a bit obsessed with Penguins so she found herself a toy penguin which she bought for her young nephew. Isn't my friend Jasmin so cute with her toy penguin? ;)


We did some other shopping, including a visit to Spring. This is the first time I've ever purchased shoes from Spring because I always had the impression that $40 heels must be painful after five minutes of walking in them. You'd like to think that the more you spend on a pair of shoes must mean it's more comfortable right?
Wrong.

These two pairs of shoes, especially the red ones are really comfortable!




These shoes are really an eggplant purple with a kind of crocodile pattern to it. But it looks black patent in this picture.


Do you own a really comfortable pair of high heels?

The rest of my weekend included a sleep over at Gordon's, playing cards, drinking wine and eating a ton of good home cooked Thai food (Jasmin's a great cook).

Anyways, this evening I picked up a couple of dresses at Urban Behaviour. I don't know why I haven't been to that store in ages even though it's less than a ten minute walk from my condo.....

I figured this dress might be good for a dinner or something like that. The fabric is soft which I really like.



Wow, talk about blurry! LOL



Oh and sequins. I detest the idea of hand washing clothes - I toss everything in the washing machine/dryer. But you know, I've been thinking about getting a sequined dress for a while now and picked up this one today:




Oh, and just for fun I included this next picture. I accidently had my camera on flash AND my silly boyfriend popped his head in the picture last minute when I was taking this shot...LOL. He looks like Mr. Bean with grey hair no?! This picture is just waaaay too funny.


Anyways, what do you think? Do you like sequins?

=) Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment