Monday, November 23, 2009

A few more MAC eye shadow purchases

I'm at my parents house for a couple of more days and I've been trying to manage without my makeup brushes. I left all my makeup brushes at my condo.

Let me tell you - I can't get around putting on eye shadow using my fingers only. I can sorta slap some powder blush on using my fingers and using foundation with my fingers is a piece of cake.

But eye shadow with my fingers? Nope. It's a mess.

Have you tried to apply eye shadow using only your fingers?

So I haven't been able to try any new looks yet with the new eye shadows I bought. I went to MAC to pick up a couple of supposedly staple MAC eye shadows like MAC woodwinked and MAC sable....I left with a few more.






In the picture above, on the left hand side going down we have MAC Girlie (a gorgeous pink colour), MAC Bronze (I've seen a few beautiful bronze looks lately and I want to copy it!) and MAC Beautiful Iris (a beautiful lavender colour that I couldn't pass up).
Then on the right hand side going down we have MAC Sable (I'm sure this will live up to my expectations - it's such a pretty brown/bronze metallic colour), MAC Kid (oh gosh, this beige is sooo pretty I had to get it) and MAC Woodwinked (pigmented and metallic like MAC sable but it has more gold bronze in it).
Here are swatches:

Top row swatches left to right: MAC Woodwinked, MAC Sable
Bottom row swatches left to right: MAC Bronze, MAC Girlie, MAC Beautiful Iris and MAC Kid.
I'll have to post an FOTD using these eye shadows later in the week!
In the meantime, what are your favourite eye shadows you can't go without?
I hope you're having a lovely start to your week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment