Thursday, November 19, 2009

MAC's Velvet Teddy: A more beige-y nude lipstick

Wow it's almost the end of the week! Is it just me or is time flying by rather quickly?

I've been at my parents house all week helping out with my family - that's the only new thing in my life right now. Is anything new with you this week?

Oh and it rained all day today. It hardly rains all day...usually after a bit of rain it clears up. I went out for a short walk today and took this picture which is the street my parents live on...nothing special. I'm just not too fond of rain all day long LOL

Lately I haven't used my usual nude lipsticks (MAC Myth, Gosh Darling..etc..) and have stayed with pinkish toned lipsticks (MAC Snob, MAC Creme Cup..etc..). I guess I don't fancy a washed out look at the moment! But I picked up a MAC lipstick last week and I quite like it :)
The swatch on the website is misleading I would say since it looks rather pink on the website swatch. MAC says it's a deep-toned beige. I would say it's much more of a mid-toned beige than a deep-toned one but I guess colour is somewhat subjective.
Left is MAC's Velvet Teddy lipstick and right is my DiorKiss gloss in Pineapple cocktail. I love the Diorkiss gloss by the way ;)
Above is the swatch of MAC's Velvet Teddy lipstick. Since it's a matte lipstick, the colour comes out very well. I would say MAC's matte lipsticks are probably my favourite finish because I like a lot of colour payoff and I almost always pair my lipstick with a gloss so I don't mind the lipstick being a bit drying alone.
And since the rest of me looked gloomier than the weather here, it's just pictures of my lips only for this post! LOL
Above is a picture of my bare lips.
I'm wearing MAC's Velvet Teddy Lipstick above. Gosh, pictures of lips alone up close look kinda scary! LOL


And I'm wearing my Diorkiss gloss in pineapple cocktail on top of MAC's velvet teddy lipstick in the picture above.
And I quite like how this nude lip doesn't wash me out like MAC Myth does -although MAC Myth still has a place in my heart ;).
Have you tried MAC's Velvet Teddy before? What's your favourite nude lipstick that doesn't wash you out too much? Or do you find that all nude coloured lipsticks wash you out LOL?

I hope you're having a lovely week =) Do you have any plans for this weekend?!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment