Saturday, November 14, 2009

MAC Reflects Transparent Teal Glitter

I love glitter. Have you seen the Holiday Sephora ads?! I think the glittery makeup on the models look gorgeous.

My version would be much more toned down though unless I'm at a informal party like a Christmas party or New Year's eve party.
So I did pick up a couple of MAC's mini pigment/glitter sets from their Mischief Makers collection. One that I'm really loving is MAC Reflects Transparent Teal Glitter. It came in the Cool Capers Mini pigment/glitter set and it's on the left in picture below.
The other glitter I put up for comparison is MAC Reflects Gold Glitter which came in the Haute High Jinks Warm Mini pigment/glitter set. It's on the right in the picture below.

MAC reflects transparent teal (left) and MAC Reflects Gold (right)



Swatches: MAC reflects gold (top), MAC reflects transparent teal (middle) and MAC Blue Flame eye shadow (bottom).

I know the swatch of MAC reflects transparent teal looks like regular silver glitter but it's not - the picture doesn't do the colour justice.
It has like a pinkish, tealish, whitish pearl irridescence when seen on different angles. It's such a pretty colour that I wanted the full sized version right away.
I called my one local MAC pro store to see if I could get the full sized version - and I was told it was sold out and they wouldn't get it in stock for at least two more weeks! Grrr!
So this was a look I came up with a couple of days ago using MAC Blue Flame eye shadow (which has pretty blue glitter in it - somewhat visible in the swatch) and MAC reflects transparent teal glitter layered on top.





Do you like glitter too? What's your favourite colour for glitter?
I hope you're having a lovely weekend ;)

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment