Monday, November 16, 2009

Marcelle Satin Matte Mousse Foundation & a headband I want!

I hope you've had a lovely start to your week :)

Have you heard of the brand Marcelle? I think it might be sold only in Canada at the moment but I wanted to note that I really like their Satin Matte Mousse Foundation.




This is the colour Natural Beige which works with my N30 -35 ish skintone.
My skin sucks! I have a lot of redness and during the course of a month, I'll have several zits on my face all at once (like now!). This is the side of my face without any foundation on to show you what I mean about redness & zits:

And this is after applying the Marcelle foundation (no powder or anything):
Okay, in case you can't get your hands on Marcelle I'll note what I like about this product and maybe you can share a foundation of yours that you really love for the same reasons too (and maybe I'll try out that foundation next):
Pros:
-easy to blend. I love the "mousse" consistency. It's not sticky or damp like hair mousse or a lousy mousse blush. It spreads evenly.
-coverage is very good. Medium coverage I would say.
-I don't need a powder after this foundation - it sets into a powder like finish
-gives me a matte look. I like a matte finish on skin
-staying power is pretty decent. If I don't rub/touch my face it stays on pretty much the whole day
-it feels nice on the skin. You can't "feel" you're wearing foundation.
Cons:
-it's drying out a bit after having it for several months (I know, I neglected it for awhile and forgot about it!). So now it's slightly crumbly when applying it. It was perfect consistency when I bought it and for the next few months after that.
-similar to a powder foundation, I would only recommend it to those that don't have very dry skin or else it'll look patchy in dry areas and make the dry areas on your face more obvious.
-it will rub off like any other foundation if you vigorously try! I think liquid foundations like Revlon colourstay actually has better staying power because it absorbs into your skin whereas this mousse one kind of sits on the skin more than anything
I would definitely repurchase this foundation at a later date when I'm finished up using some of my other foundations.
What is your favourite foundation to date? On the other hand, are there any foundations that you really did not like?
Oh, and have you started thinking about Christmas gifts yet?! My sisters have asked me for my wishlist and I haven't quite came up with one yet BUT, there is this Swarovski headband that I've been eyeing since last year LOL. It's the Swarovski Beautiful headband retailed at $210 CDN:
It's in the bridal section for some reason...I'm not getting married BUT it would look awesome for a nice evening out at a nice dinner or going to a club - don't you think?! I'm not keen on spending $200 + on a headband so let me know if you see a lower priced version of this LOL. Yes, I'm on the lookout! ;)
Have a lovely day!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment