Saturday, February 6, 2010

A parcel + a couple of random things on my desk

The first week of February is coming to a close!

There's a lot of emphasis on Valentine's Day in February. Since Chinese New Year falls on Valentine's Day this year, my whole Valentine's Day weekend will be spent with my parents and older sister nonetheless feasting on Chinese food.

Do you have any plans for Valentine's Day weekend?

I got a parcel from my friend Dale earlier this week. It was really sweet of him to think of me and get me a few things for Valentines ;)

I love cards. I think they're so sentimental and I keep all the cards I've received. Do you keep all the cards you have been given?
The Winter Olympics are in Vancouver (West coast province of Canada) this year. This is my first winter olympic gear - the mittens are sooo warm! They have this soft inner fleece-like lining.
Are you more a mitten wearer or a glove person?

Gosh and Dale remembers I LOVE chips. I just cannot have a bag of chips lying around at my place. It won't last more than an hour! LOL. This bag was gone in 2 minutes. I love chips way more than chocolate or other junk food.
What's your favourite junk food that you can't resist?

Yay for a $200 gc to F21. Gotta luv him.



I think Dale has slightly different taste in jewelry than I do but I do appreciate everything he gets for me.


The second pair are more like me

Haha - I mentioned I liked the colour purple to Dale. It was in relation to eye shadow colour that I said it. When it comes to clothes I have no favourite colour. Just favourite cuts. But nonetheless he got me a purple cardigan LOL. Cute.
Do you have a favourite colour for clothes?

I'm ignorant. I did not know what rose hips are until he bought me a bottle of this lotion last month. I actually did not like the scent at first but I was nice and thanked him for it. Obviously I'm a good actress since he bought me another bottle of it!! Haha. But the scent is growing on me. Smells like roses. And this is a natural, organic brand which is nice.
I know he orders this online here or you might be able to find this at certain tanning salons.
And lip balm from the same brand which you can get here. I don't particularly recommend this lip balm since it's just a regular one for me. My HG lip balm is hands down the MAC Lip conditioner.
What is your HG lip balm? Have you tried the MAC lip conditioner?


And lastly Dale included a pair of Jessica Simpson black pumps in the style Vanity. The heel is cute with the stripes. You can get these at certain Le Chateau stores that carry JS shoes. Her line of shoes are really comfortable.
Thanks sooo much Dale!

A bit random, I thought I would mention a couple of things lying around on my desk.
One is Sea Monkeys! Have you ever heard of sea monkeys?
My older sister bought them for me when I was a child. And they're little brine shrimp - a really low maintenance pet.
My girlfriend Jasmin bought this for me this past Christmas as part of her gift to me ;) It looks like this. Yes, the eggs come dried up in a white powder form which hatch in water. All you need is water:

So it's been a month and a half now. I have several sea monkeys swimming around and I keep the tank on my desk.

Here's a close up. The little guy is staring at me! So cute eh? I'm easily amused I suppose ;)



And I do read. I realize my blog mostly sounds like I spend most of my time either (1) putting makeup on or (2) clubbing
Right now I'm reading Mutiny on the Bounty. My friend Carl bought this for me. I'm more than halfway through this book and I must say I really enjoy it. I'm curious to see how much the novel differs from the real event.



Are you reading anything at the moment?

Do you have any random things sitting around on your desk?
I hope you're enjoying your weekend! =) Let me know if you're up to anything exciting!
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment